Nasdaq-Veles California Water Index
Powered by Waterlitix™
Through Waterlitix™, WestWater is the exclusive data provider for the Nasdaq-Veles California Water Index (NQH2O), which tracks the spot price for California water entitlements. The Index, the first of its kind, benchmarks the price of water in a way that supports price discovery and allows for the creation of a tradable financial instrument to manage financial exposure associated with water supply risk.
Key Points About the NQH20 Index
- It is the first of its kind that seeks to track the spot rate price of water in the state of California.
- The value is priced in U.S. Dollar per acre-foot ($/AF) at the source, excluding conveyance costs and losses, and is calculated and disseminated once per week after the close of business on Wednesday, representative of all data through the end of the prior week.
- The Index represents the volume-weighted average of prices and shows the current pricing level for water in California determined by water entitlement transactions from five water markets:
- Surface Water
- Central Basin
- Chino Basin
- Main Basin
- Mojave Basin – Alto Subarea
- It’s value reflects changes in the relative scarcity of water in California.
- WestWater is the exclusive data provider powering the Index, drawing from Waterlitix™, the largest and most comprehensive database of water transaction information.